Coatings Application Warranty
EB Painting. Warrants the owner of the below listed property that all coating application work performed by EB Painting, was (is) completed according to professional industry standards and is under warranty to remain failure free under the following terms and conditions:
- All interiors coating applied to plaster drywall and wood surfaces shall be warranted for a period of 5 years from the completion of work.
- Exterior wood, hardboard, stucco and masonry substrate coatings shall be warranted for a period of 3 years from the completion of work.
- Metal and iron substrate coating application shall be warranted for a period of 2 years from completion of work.
- Exterior stains and clear finishes shall be warranted for a period of 1 year from completion of work.
- In the event of a claimed breach of this warranty, the purchaser shall deliver to EB Painting, not more than 30 days after the discovery of the defect, written notice of the defect, and the date it was discovered.
- EB Painting & Decorating will inspect the area within 7 days of notification of potential defects.
- If inspection determines that the defect falls within the scope of this warranty, EB Painting shall provide replacement service to correct the defect.
Any corrective service or additional material shall not extend this warranty, but the remaining warranty period shall continue in effect and be applicable under the original terms and conditions.
This warranty is not applicable under the following conditions:
- Any rental interior properties due to tenant abuse.
- Any damage to stucco or masonry coating, which may occur due to ongoing, concealed deterioration. This may manifest as efflorescence, a white chalky leaching of salts to the surface, accompanied by a crumbling of the stucco or masonry surface.
- Coating failure due to structural damage caused by standing water, inadequate drainage, improperly installed guttering or guttering in need of repair/replacement, sprinklers or window unit air conditioners causing continuous water saturation, leaking and/or pooling in/on or around the affected area (s).
- Coating failure due to wood rot, termites, carpenter bees, carpenter ants, or any other insect caused damage.
- Coating failure due to structural alterations, additions, repairs or normal shifting and settling of buildings and substrate.
- Coating failure caused by unchecked mold or mildew growth.
- Coating failure caused by roof and/or plumbing leaks.
- Coating failure resulting from: caustic chemicals, fire, acts of God, natural disasters such as windstorms, flood, earthquakes, lightning, mud slides, etc.
- Coating failure resulting from previous coat breakdown.
- Coating failure on horizontal surfaces, such as decks and patios. Fencing not painted on all sides.
This warranty is extended to the original purchaser of services only and is not transferable.