Exterior Painting: When & Why You Should Paint Your Property
Exterior painting can not only add character and curb appeal to your home but also plays an important role in ensuring that your property is protected from the rainy Vancouver winters and elements that could cause costly damage to your siding. A proper paint job can seal off the structure of your home and prevent this exposure.
How often should you repaint the exterior of your home?
If it has been more than seven years since your last paint job, you may be risking long-term damage to the exterior of your property. This could include, mold, mildew, and decay.
This is especially true for wood siding. If your wood siding is stained rather than painted, you may want to consider having this work redone after only four years.
For stucco siding, repainting every 5 years is recommended to maintain the structural integrity of your property.
Watch for these signs that your property may be due for a fresh paint job:
- Damaged paint
- Exposed patches of wall
- Faded paint
- Blistering paint
- Peeling paint
Your future self will thank you for upkeeping your exterior painting on the recommended schedule, as waiting often results in more prep work and therefore a higher cost.
What are the benefits of exterior house painting?
- Exterior house painting ensures the longevity of your home by protecting it from damaging elements such as sunlight, humidity, and snow.
- A professional painter can also help to detect underlying issues that may need to be addressed before the paint job. This can save you money down the road, as these issues can be caught before they become more serious.
- Hiring a professional painter for your exterior painting project.
- Exterior painting can be a big job, especially if you choose to take it on yourself.
- Professional painters can help choose the right, high-quality products for your project to ensure the longevity of your paint job, as well as an attractive final product.
At Even Better Painting, we have the right equipment for your job, and our experienced painters will prep your property and paint it using techniques that are built to last.
Even Better Painting provides a professional paint job for the exterior of your home and offers a three-year warranty to give you peace of mind in your decision.
Summer is the ideal time to paint your home or business, so call us today for a free consultation!